Research and Evaluation
IFEC research initiatives
On-going research is essential to inform IFEC’s education initiatives. We are committed to monitoring the financial literacy level of Hong Kong people and identifying the knowledge and capability gaps that need to be filled.
Here are some of the research studies we have conducted over the past few years:
- Study on Money Management in Mature Adulthood
- Study on Money Matters of the Sandwich Generation
- Retail Investor Study
- OECD/INFE International Survey of Adult Financial Literacy Competencies
- Understanding Financial Literacy in Schools
- Knowledge, Attitudes and Behaviour towards Money and Debt Management
Evaluation of IFEC’s education initiatives
We pride ourselves on adopting an evidence-based approach to our education work which we achieve through robust evaluations of major initiatives. Listed below are the evaluation reports of IFEC’s major education programmes:
- Practical Personal Financial Management Programme
- Personal Finance Ambassador Programme
- Workplace Money Workshop
To encourage more efforts in ascertaining the impact of financial education, we have produced a practical guide to evaluating financial education programmes to share IFEC’s experience in programme evaluation.