New radio interview series on finance and investment with RTHK
The IEC is collaborating with RTHK to present a new series of radio interviews to promote better understanding of the public on some topical issues on investment and financial products.
Entitled "Hot topics of finance and investing II", the 12 episodes of radio interviews cover a wide range of topics that investors may be interested in or concerned about.
- Initial Public Offering (IPO): include how to read prospectus and the new sponsor regime, as well as the risks of subscribing IPO through margin financing.
- Funds: include points to note about buying and selling funds, the Mainland capital gain tax issue on renminbi funds and how to read the materials on funds' dividend distribution.
- Online investment: include crowd-funding and the risks associated with virtual commodities such as bitcoins.
- Up-to-date macroeconomic environment.
- Other financial products: include exchange-traded funds (ETFs), bonds and investment-linked assurance schemes (ILAS).
The 12 episodes of radio interviews are currently broadcast on RTHK One from 7 May until late July 2014.
Listen to "Hot topics of finance and investing II" (Chinese version only)