Digital Stock Trading Guru Competition
Stock Trading Guru (STG) board game is a learning tool developed by IFEC in 2014 for Secondary 4 to Secondary 6 students studying Business, Accounting and Financial Studies (BAFS). Through playing the board game, students are able to learn some essential financial knowledge in a fun way and understand the importance of having right attitudes in investment. To facilitate teachers and students to conduct classes online, the board game was digitalized as Digital Stock Trading Guru (DSTG) in 2022.
Co-organised by IFEC and the Hong Kong Association for Business Education, and supported by the Education Bureau, a Digital Stock Trading Guru Competition (Competition) will be held in May 2023. Details are as follow:
Date and time
6 May 2023 (Saturday), 2:30 to 4:30pm
Shun Tak Fraternal Association Seaward Woo College
22 Perth Street, Ho Man Tin, Kowloon
Secondary 4 to Secondary 6 BAFS students
- Eligible school must have at least one BAFS teacher who has attended the DSTG teacher workshop prior to the Competition.
- Each eligible school forms a team of maximum 4 BAFS students. Maximum one team per eligible school.
- Maximum 30 eligible schools (120 BAFS students) participate in the Competition.
- The Competition will be held in groups of 4 students. Students will be assigned to each group by random and competed in the same virtual stock trading room.
- The individual’s portfolio value will be ranked for individual awards. The total portfolio values of students in a school team will be ranked for school awards.
Award and prize
|Champion (1)||HK$1,500 book voucher and a trophy|
|1st Runner-up (1)||HK$1,000 book voucher and a trophy|
|2nd Runner-up (1)||HK$700 book voucher and a trophy|
|Merit Award (10)||HK$500 book voucher and a certificate each|
|Top 6 schools with the highest total portfolio values||A trophy each|
- Students are required to bring their own digital device for the Competition.
- Teachers are expected to train their students on how to play DSTG prior to the Competition. No training or briefing will be given on the day of Competition.
- The Competition will be conducted in Cantonese.
- Due to the overwhelming response, the 30 places for the competition have been filled.
- All successful registrants will receive email confirmation by 4 April 2023 (Tuesday).
For enquiries, please email to email@example.com.
13 Feb 2023